Friday, July 25, 2008

Sweet Roses...


So I was having one of those days when Kevin comes home and I am just staring off at a wall and then wander into my room and shut the door. He came in and told me he was taking the boys out to get ice-cream. I was thrilled to have a much needed time-out for myself. When they came home, Kedrick came bouncing in with these potted roses. He said they were for me because my other flowers were getting old! Kevin said it was all Kedrick's idea. He saw the flowers in the store and said, "let's get flowers for mommy," and then picked them out himself. I was so touched by my sweet little boy!

8 comments:

Marie' said...

that is so sweet of kedrick. I miss him and brouk so much that when I saw the picture I teared up. I loved having them over and seeing them play.

Melissa said...

Kedrick is such a special soul. I feel so proud of him for doing the right thing on your bad day. He'll make some woman a fine husband someday. There is something to be said for a boy/man that knows when to bring a girl flowers.

Kimberly said...

I feel so bad I haven't checked your blog! For some reason, my thingy on the sidebar isn't showing it as updated??? This day, sounds like one I was having today. Devon took the kids out and said he was laughing as he drove away because he thought I was being so silly. But, I enjoyed my much needed time out as well. By the way, we miss you guys! The hallway at church isn't the same without you or the Camacho's. I'm ready to move back!

apple slice said...

Ice cream and flowers. Is there a better combo? You are the best mother.

apple slice said...

I also realized it had been so long since I've visited . . . the piano!!

Marie' said...

OK Kristen, I am ready for another post.
I miss you so much, and I don't think I can make it without a new post from you.

Allison said...

Hey There! Love the post, but can we get an update please! :)

Allison said...

pretty please?