Monday, November 17, 2008

Fruit of My Loins....

in Fruit of the Looms! We finally did it, or more accurately Kedrick did it. Kedrick showed signs of being ready mid-summer but so much was going on and I began to fear my kid would be the only one in diapers come kindergarten. For some reason I work best by verbally committing to someone. So when my dear friend Tina was getting ready to leave for England for two weeks at the end of the summer I told her I was going to potty train Kedrick while she was gone. The next day after I said that, Kevin put underwear on Kedrick. I was really terrified but Kedrick took right to it. He has had very few accidents and really, well, was ready. I guess that's what happens when you wait until they are 3 years and 8 months old. Brock has been inspired too and occasionally joins in on potty time. He came bounding out to announce to his aunts a few weeks ago that he, "pooped a poop! A big daddy poop!" Ahh shucks, we're so proud of our little poopers.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't a wonderful feeling to be free of cleaning up poopy diapers. I still have to wipe Nicky's bottom when she poops so she doesn't have skid marks on her panties. Still, it is a lot less messy in general.

Marie' said...

I had to laugh at Melissa's "skid mark" comment.
I love buying, washing, folding, and anything to do with those little briefs. They are so little and so cute. Very cute on the boy's little bottoms, too.

apple slice said...

Ok, so cute. His image is darling with waistband. I join in the congratulations.

Tribe M said...

Oh dear! Gavin will be three in January and is not onto it yet. I am envious. But also glad to know he's not the only one.
While on this subject. Isn't it the worst if you have to take them in a public stall and they narrate what YOU are doing?! Horribly embarassing...