Monday, October 1, 2007

Meet Ralph...


Friday night, it is dark. I walk into my backyard to watch a friend make a corn starch fireball and manage to walk right into a spider web! I did the freak out spider web dance but kept feeling the sticky strands clinging tenaciously to my face. Kevin told me there was no way there could have been a spider web in that spot. He retracted his statement when I showed him the webbing stuck to my glasses. Eek! The next morning I went out to survey and found the web rebuilt, a bee wrapped up in the middle of it and a large spider crawling up the web with another victim. Kevin did the honors of catching him (he also chased a rat out of our garage the other day, what a hero). We have named him Ralph. Kevin and Kedrick will set out tonight to find him a new home.








3 comments:

apple slice said...

Yee gads. I don't enjoy a web in the face with or without the builder. Perhaps this is just a good reason to break out Charlotte's Web.

Kimberly said...

Okay, that is really disgusting. I totally felt the senation of spider-webs on my body while reading your description! A rat too--yikes! Better in your garage than in your house!

Melissa said...

You have a way of describing the spider web that makes me feel like I am right there. That is a huge spider. I am so glad he didn't get tangled in your hair. Yucky!