Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Risky Business

The Miller clan has a long established tradition of playing either Risk or Monopoly during Thanksgiving weekend. It has been a few years since we have played with the addition of all the little ones to the bunch. This year, at my pleading, my parents, husband and brother gratiously agreed to play. We settled on Risk. My Mother had never played and is not really one to enjoy a game that has too many rules or involves stategy but was a good sport nonetheless. About half way through the game, we realized that my mother, whom we hadn't viewed as a threat, was well on her way to global domination. She emerged victor after 6 hours. My only consolation is that at least my Dad was conquered before I was. Beware of the first-timers!

The rest of the weekend sped by with pie consumption, shopping and a hike up Middle Peak.

Kedrick was not real excited about the hike what with the brisk temps and lack of nap time slumber. He could only be induced to walk by the hand of his fair cousin.Unfortunately, Middle Peak was a victim of the 2003 Cedar Fires, not the prettiest hike this time but the view was still beautiful.Ahhh, the time honored tradition of polishing off any remaining pies after the hike.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that your mom finished you all off at Risk. We love to play Taboo with my dad. He can never get anyone to guess the word before he blurts out like every word he is not supposed to say that is on that list. It is the funniest. Cute pictures of everyone hiking around. Looks like you had fun.

apple slice said...

I am sorry to chime in so late. I think it looks like a wonderful family holiday. Think of the money you saved on Friday too! Your mother I'm sure was a gracious winner. That's the great thing about non-competitive people. My family are game fiends. I didn't get the gene for bloodlust competition but they accept me somewhat nonetheless.