Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Trick or Treats!









A special thank you to this year's costume sponsors Taka (Mickey) and Rozanne (Gator)! The boys took readily to their costumes. By the time we went out to trick-or-treat, Brock was really ready for bed and looked dazed. He smiled in wonderment whenever directly handed a candy and clutched onto it for dear life. Kedrick was a seasoned veteran. We tried to teach him to look for well lit, festive looking homes. All looked welcoming to him. At the last house he somehow missed the moment when the candy was slipped into his pumpkin. I couldn't get him to budge. Finally he turned to me, a bit annoyed, and said, "mom, he has to give me a treat first." Seeing Kedrick's excitement somehow makes up for all the poopies, cereal smashed into the carpet and screaming fits. I can hardly wait until next year!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are ADORABLE costumes! Kedrick looks so cute as Mickey and Brock is equally adorable as a gator. Nicky was fun this year too. It is so fun to relive childhood through the kids. I love how exciting everything is to them.

Krustee said...

melissa,
I forgot to mention that on Halloween I saw a grown man in a dalmation costume. Oh if Jeff could have had that for Halloween...

Kimberly said...

Your kiddos are adorable!

apple slice said...

Kedrick as Mickey has been a highlight of my daydreams. He does not disappoint in real life. Brockie is right there with him as a plush gator. Really, the Mickey is too much. I enjoyed this.