Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A condition called TWO....

After several days of constant screaming....really loud screaming...and a long sleepless night, I finally convinced myself that Brock must most certainly have an earache. I rushed him into the doctor the next morning so excited to pick up a prescription that would restore order to my home. The doctor asked me what was going on and I, half asleep, muttered some unintelligle mumblings about way too much screaming. She checked his ears and then apologetically told me his ears looked great and this is what you call "two." Dejected, I left the office with no meds. My $15 copay purchased me two sugar free lollipops for the boys. At least I got something! Brock is learning screaming lands him in his room alone and we are making mild progress. Kedrick is thrilled to see his brother getting time-outs. Finally, justice. I'm sure I have sustained some hearing loss.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is the worst when you take the kid and the doctor thinks there is something wrong with the mother. Too bad I can't figure out my ear checker or I would loan it. I think I am going to return it because the ear drum is too little for me to diagnose anything. There is a lot of wax in those little ears too. I guess the doctors learn something at school.

Kimberly said...

I know what you mean...I hate it when you take them to the doctor and there is no quick remedy to fix the problem. But, I can totally relate!!! Blake has been a terror these days and I find myself wanting to lock myself in my room for a time-out.

apple slice said...

Funny about Kedrick. Horrors about Brockie. At least you don't use ear buds. I fear them and future hearing loss. Nature taking its course is quite enough, thank you. I hope Brockie will learn that silence is golden. I still have no idea where that comment came from. Golden as in pretty, heavy, and desirable?