Friday, February 29, 2008

A Perfect Dish

I have to brag about my sister's creation. She made this chip and dip platter for a wedding gift for a good friend. Stunning no? She came up with the design herself and spent an entire day making sure every detail was perfect. She did the zebra hide freehand! She is as steady as they come and could be a surgeon. Did I mention her friend loves dips? And her friend's wedding colors were black and red? About mid-point in the dip well, you'll notice some black squatty zebra-esk lettering. Freehand as well. This spells out the couple's last name. I'm in love with the dish...in fact I said, "someday when I get married...," about to put in my request for my dip creation and then realized oh yes, I'm married. Perhaps for my 50th? It is a perfect wedding gift in every way! I struggle to come up with good wedding gifts for people. It stresses me out. What unique wedding gifts have you given or received?

On another note, I just sent Kedrick back to his nap and told him to stop playing. "I'm not playing mom, I'm just pretending to play."

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Sadly I am not creative at all. Gift cards are my forte. I am very admiring of the chips and dips plate. It is darling. I hope your sister will give one to you for your anniversary or birthday and not wait until your 50th. I love Kedrick's argument for pretend playing. I wish Nicky would pretend to sleep sometimes.

apple slice said...

this is a tremendous gift and work of art! the freehand writing is stunning and the zebra stripes outrageous. you must receive one sooner than your fiftieth. what about christmas?

i have given some good gifts but must admit i don't think i've given heartfelt gifts too often. i gave dessert plates to karen f which i'm proud of since she is a cake baker. other than that, i'm at a loss. i do tend to give gifts that are misunderstood and the thank-you notes are not accurate. like the bathroom towels i gave came back "thank you for the napkins." who would give two napkins? this has happened more than once.

shortbus said...

WOW! A dish indeed! Emphasis on the DISH part. All I can say is...pass the queso!

apple slice said...

btw, they were guest towels. napkin size i suppose.

shortbus said...

who knew microwave and dishwasher safe could look so inviting.

Krustee said...

slice,
might I say I was the recipient of a magnificent strawberry handmade blanket that i LOVE and wash just using the other night. It inspired my only attempt at a meaningful wedding gift, a blanket for my sister, though my material selections were poor and stitching substandard. I fear most times the couple will open my gift and then be frantically searching for a gift receipt, which I rarely include. Hilarious about the napkins! Perhaps they were large people?

Kimberly said...

Those plates are awesome! What a cute and fun way to remember such a great occasion! By the way, I love the comment by Kedrick...he cracks me up!