Friday, March 7, 2008

When I grow up...

I want to be a garbage truck driver. You are right up there with Santa Claus in the eyes of all the little boys. I would honk wildly anytime I passed a youngster. In fact, I'd stop and take pictures with them and hope to be put in their scrapbooks. I'd let them climb up in the truck and then send them home with a pamphlet on recycling. I can't imagine all the treasures I would find in people's castoffs. I guess we all have our dreams of fame and fortune. Today a very friendly garbage man waved and honked repeatedly at two of his mesmerized fans. I thought...now that is a great job.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is funny. I always thought the garbage truck drivers were awesome when I was little too. Back then two guys would ride holding onto the back of the truck and hop down to throw people's trash in. I thought it would be fun to ride around like that. Now that everything is so mechanical it probably seems even more cool. I actually thought of leaving them a thank you note once because I can't imagine what our house would be like if they happened to skip two weeks in a row.