Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quarantined

Flu again. Good grief. I think we already had our turn with this recently. We have enjoyed high fevers, throw-up and some phenomenal diarrhea. With it has come refusals to eat anything, the standard "I'm not feeling well so don't dare put me down" from our sweet Brock who also tends to vocalize his discomfort very loudly and dear Kedrick hasn't had the wherewithal to do anything but watch tv. I expect tomorrow we will be in the clear of all symptoms. I hate watching my kids feel so miserable and sadly my patience and energy to meet their levels of desired care are starting to wane. At the end of a very trying Monday, my visiting teacher brought over some much needed chocolate chip cookies. I set the boys down for dinner, went into the back and indulged in some amazing food therapy. There were four cookies left that I planned on either later sharing with my family or hoarding for myself depending on how the night went. Kedrick managed to find them, happily announced their discovery and came out and said, "this one's for Brockie, this one's for Daddy, this one's for Mommy, and this one's for Kedrick." He is so good at sharing. I felt like a shmuck. Good we have kids to teach us how to be nice!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so sorry everyone is sick. I totally know how you feel. After the first couple of days it is hard to keep the same level of nice that is desired by everyone. I think I am going to make you a banana bread. I am going to take dinner to Olsens tonight and I will stop by.

Krustee said...

Melissa,
you are too kind. Please don't trouble yourself...but if you do bring by banana bread, I promise I will share!

Tribe M said...

That is so tough when everyone is sick. Traumatizing really. We went through that right after moving and I was sick with that AND a UTI and both boys were sick and I didn't not have my husband. I thought I was going to DIE. But I guess we always pull through even if we don't think we will. I laughed at the hoarding the cookies because I do that just in case I am desperate. But my husband can smell sugar and chocolate like a shark smells blood. No hiding place will ever suffice. I am always glad when he finds it though since everything just melts off his body and sticks and triples on mine. Sweet Kedrick!

apple slice said...

what a shame! at least you won't get sick for another year at least. cookies are a cure-all.