Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tide Pools

During the warm weather and before the shark attacks, back in the days when the beach was a safe place, we visited the tide pools. We found no sharks but did find several large star fish, a sea slug and lots of sea enenemies. I am seriously traumatized by the recent attacks and though the odds of me stepping in the water and getting attacked are slim, I won't be venturing out far in the water this summer. When I was young I worried about flushing the toilet for fear I would trigger an earthquake. I've gotten over that one at least!

5 comments:

Tribe M said...

How Fun! I am so jealous- that is one of my favorite things to do. My mom called me just hours after the shark attack to tell me all about it. I am equally frightened of getting in the water now, but I do think it's funny because a million more people die every year driving cars and we are not afraid of that. I would love to hear more about the toliet flush that causes earthquakes. How did that fear originate? Beautiful photos. Love the starfish one.

Melissa said...

Oh Kristen...you are safe unless you swim 150 yards out. I saw how far that guy was out there and I would never be that far out unless I was in a boat with a motor on it. I wouldn't even be able to kayak that far out. Anyway, I won't try to talk you out of your fears. Cute picture of your family and Brock. I love that you are posting so much.

Kimberly said...

A new post...Yay! Hasn't the weather been amazing? Those pictures at the beach, of your sisters wedding, are gorgeous and stunning! I hope you survived the flu at your house...that is just yuck!

Brei said...

I love it! I think that toilet thing is one of the funniest things I've ever heard! Then again, I wouldn't sleep under my covers till I was a teenager because I was convinced spiders and cockroaches were just waiting to bite my toes. Sounds like Brock and Kyle will be getting along just fine; I can't believe how much alike they seem to be. Could it just be the age?

apple slice said...

too cute! i love the family on the rocks. i am also perplexed by the shark attack. i mean, it is the shark's home and all so i can't blame him too much. i won't be comfortable out deep either.