Sunday, September 9, 2007

Brock's Birthday


I can hardly believe Brock's first birthday has come and gone! We let Kedrick choose what cake to make and shockingly he settled on a train cake. He was certain Brock would like it. Kedrick took a look at the cake in the morning before it had been dressed. He was disturbed to see nothing but white frosting and informed me, "um, Mom you need to do it over." He preceded to describe his cake from his last birthday in great detail. Happily, he heartily approved with the final outcome. By the way, Kevin and I were also so lucky to have train cakes for our birthdays this past year. It simplifies planning. Brock went nuts when he saw it. Brock ate little cake, gagged on the frosting but enjoyed his fork. He kept his focus on the camera, saying cheese at regular intervals. Kevin finally made me put the camera away so he would open his presents.









2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok, did you make that cake yourself? I am not getting when I say that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I would have never thought to use the pinwheel cookies for wheels. Are those chocolate chips used for cargo? I want to learn so I can make a train cake for Andy. I just do a boring carrot cake with white frosting and a candle.

apple slice said...

I am pleased to have eaten some of the tires/wheels. The picture of Kedrick kissing Brockie's head is so cute. And, Kedrick's shirt is very hoho. He is always something else. Brockie is enjoying it.