Friday, September 14, 2007

Clean Hands and a Pure Heart

Aftrer getting in trouble for coating his brother in sand, Kedrick was sent to wash his hands. After realizing he had been back there for like 15 minutes with the water running, I decided I better check up on the little mischief maker. The sink and counter were covered in bubbles and he was having the time of his life! Upon inquiring what he was doing, he responded with a big happy smile, "I'm making lots of bubbles!" What do you do?


He had been sporting a diaper all day. When daddy asked, "Kedrick, where are your pants?" he looked down and said, "uh, I lost them!" and pretended to run around and look for them. He's a ham and a half. I sense a long lifetime of creative excuses coming.

I've been trying to explain to Kedrick that before he was born he was in Mommy's tummy and before that in heaven. Trying to gage how much of this he was taking in, I asked him one day where he lived before he was born. His reply, "the church." Close enough. Last night before Kevin went to play basketball at the church, he was telling Kedrick that when he gets big he can go too. Kedrick, with basketball in hand, excitedly turned to me and said, "I don't want to be in your tummy anymore. I can play this now!" I tried not to be offended that he would so readily trade in my womb for a basketball.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kedrick is so clever and funny. I love the things he comes up with. Hooray! You have a blog. I knew your stories would not disappoint.

Kimberly said...

Melissa told me you started a blog and I just had to sneak a peek! Blogging is my newest addiction...I love it! By the way, I can totally relate to the soapy sink thing...Luke loves to do the same thing, only he plugs the sink so the water doesn't drain. He thinks it's so funny when the sink overflows!