Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I spy...


Santa Claus! (If you are not convinced, click on the picture so you can see it enlarged). At our local CostCo no less. I mean, it makes sense that he shops there but who'd have thought we'd see him? Brock was the one with the sharp eyes this time. Waiting in line for gas, he shouts out, "Look, Kizmuss!" I made a quick scan for what could possibly be saying Christmas to my little one and saw good ol' St. Nick filling up.

And that's not all we saw. While waiting for Kevin to finish something at work, he suggested I take the boys for a walk along the trails. I was hesitant because it is not an uncommon occurrence for snakes to be seen around where he works. He told me if I followed the trail I'd be able to see the ocean. We walked and walked and walked because I just didn't want to turn back before I saw the view. Finally, at the very end of the trail we walked up a little crest to catch a very tiny sliver of an ocean view. And right there, not too far off in front of us was a nice rattlesnake making its way across the trail! I was horrified. Kevin showed up just in time to seem me frantically scrambling down the hill with the boys. He got a good laugh that he got me to drag the boys that far by mentioning the so called "ocean view." I was not amused. And of course, he took the boys back up the hill to get a better view of the snake. Boys.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'd be mad. Nothing scares me like a venomous snake. I love the picture of Santa Claus. How random and funny. I didn't know he drove a truck and filled up at Costco. Must be hot in San Diego for him with that full beard.

Melissa said...

You are such a great blogger. Look at all your posts. You are one of my favorites to read.

apple slice said...

i am proud you recognized a rattler. snakes are just that. snakes. some people like jokes. i can't think of one i like.