Sunday, January 27, 2008

Kedrick is 3!

I can hardly believe Kedrick has turned 3! Were I of the inclination to put him in preschool, he could be going to preschool this year. Were he of the inclination to use a toilet, he could be potty trained. It is the beginning of the end. My boy is going to leave me. I am in no rush. I love being his mother. He is so full of life, love and enthusiasm. Eager to learn. Has a memory so amazing I'm afraid his brain will be all filled up before he is five. A perfect older brother, except of course when he sits on his brother's neck. Quick to comfort family members when we are sick or sad by bringing a toy or blankie. A transportation guru. My little assistant cook. A budding gardener. Plants need sunshine and rain and a lot of love to grow (love and rain both fall out of the clouds). Reasoning ability beyond his mother's. He is my sunshine, my little sweetie.






Kedrick expressing his "about to open presents" excitement.

Unfortunately he was taken with flu the night before the big day. He managed to have a few good hours on his birthday, just enough time to squeeze in a cake and presents before he started feeling bad again.
Kedrick requested a train cake on tracks this year. I did what I could. He was appreciative beyond words and admired the cake for some time noting all of the details. "You made the cake I wanted Mom?" I really felt like a hero. He chose the engine for himself and designated which train cars the rest of us were to eat.

We had a fun time watching him open his presents. He stopped to play with each one before he would move onto the next.




His Aunt WuWu braved the germs and came to celebrate with him. She took all the pictures. It was so fun to not worry about trying to take pictures the whole time. Thanks WuWu!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Kedrick! He is such a cute and special little boy. I am sad he was sick for his birthday. I hope February will be a healthy month for all of you. I have to say that I LOVE your cakes. You are so talented. You should start a business. I've really never seen anything cuter.

shortbus said...

He is the cutest 3 year old in all the land!!! Your aunt WUWU takes lovely photos that really capture the endeniably adorable Kedrick we know.

shortbus said...

p.s I am aware of the sp errors. no need to comment on them, I am special, remember.

Kimberly said...

I can't believe he is 3! I still remember when you guys moved into the ward and he was a little baby. Turning 3 changes everything...it's when they really start to become more independent...it's really fun! You are an awesome cake-maker! I think I want a train-themed party for my next birthday...what do you think...you can make the cake?!

apple slice said...

To think such high jinks were happening and Nar Nar was completely silent. I need to mark their birthdays on my wrist chip. Kedrick is too cute in his Tigger shirt. He looks like he is having the time of his life. The cake is incredible.