Saturday, December 6, 2008

Deck the Halls

We had our first tree trimming party! Sadly, I must admit in the past I have decorated the tree when the boys are sleeping at night. But this year, Kevin intervened and promised the boys they could decorate with us. The boys were hyper with anticipation all day. Kedrick assigned Daddy to bake the cupcakes with sprinkles, Mommy to decorate the house, Kedrick to decorate the tree and Brock to put the star on top. They had a blast pulling everything out of the boxes and did not break a thing.



Kevin helping Brock get that star up on top, you can imagine what happened next...


Brock fell down behind the tree, knocking things down as he went. Kevin managed to keep hold of his feet so no harm done, well except for that Brock was seriously traumatized and will probably decline the star topper position next year.

6 comments:

Marie' said...

And I see that the star didn't stay up either.

Your boys are so careful and good. We didn't decorate the bottom fourth of the tree and still lost three big glass ornaments already. I am wondering if there is going to be any left by the time it is time to put them away. Sigh.

Melissa said...

Those are awesome action shots of Brock. Hilarious. Poor guy. Your cupcakes are sinful. I ate two out of the three yesterday and only because Jeff ate the third one before I could get at it.

Kimberly said...

To me, decorating the tree is almost as great as Christmas day! I love it! Those pictures are so cute and the story about Brock falling was hilarious!

Tribe M said...

That was really funny of Brock horizontal in the air. I was wondering how he was going to balance that. My story is like Marie's. The kids have broken so many decoration already. We didn't even decorate a tree because we are going out of town. I'm amazed that your kids are so careful with everything.

apple slice said...

Oh my gosh. I can't believe you got pictures of the crest and the fall. Too much. I am glad they didn't miss the decorating. I would have done it at night too. Way to go!

Nate and Jenae said...

Love the pics. Sure looks like tons of fun for the kids. Maybe just as fun as opening presents on Christmas morning.