Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So this is snow....

We trekked off to Palomar Mountain for a day of winter. I love a day trip to another climate zone. Kedrick had high hopes of building a snowman, sledding, throwing snowballs at Mommy, making a snow angel and eating snow. I think we managed to make all his dreams come true. Brock took right to sledding and enjoyed the "big crashes."
So beautiful! Almost makes me want to move to a place with snow, almost.
Note snowball mid-air. Kedrick's aim has really improved!

I don't mean to sound like someone who was born and raised in San Diego but I had no idea you had to roll a snowball to do a decent sized snow person. Next time I'll bring gloves!

We borrowed someone else's pre-finished snowlady for the picture.







Kedrick's first snow angel!






Kevin feeding his sons snow. They loved it. Kedrick savored it thoughtfully and said "Mmmm, this is really good." He asked Daddy for tips on which snow he could eat and he and Brock went around the rest of the time sampling snow.

8 comments:

Tribe M said...

That looks like such a fun trip. Despite the snow, the sun looked nice and warm. I just found out that snowmen are hard to make with just any snow. My snowballs wouldn't stick together and Lance told me our snow needed to be less powdery. I had no idea. That's cute that they were eating it. My boys always try, usually its from a dirty pile next to our car and I come & swat it out of their hands before they get a taste! I'm glad you guys had such a great family day!

SuburbiaMom said...

Oh, snow--what fun! Glad you could make his dreams come true!

Marie' said...

I think that is the perfect way to enjoy snow. Scott and I spent an hour on average shoveling the snow off the deck and plowing the driveway during the Christmas break. Now that the snow has melted some, we have a huge puddle in our back yard. No fun for the grown-ups.

apple slice said...

Ok, so cute. The images are really nice. Sun on snow. I am with you. Nice to look at but don't need to live in it.

Kimberly said...

I'm so jealous that you get to enjoy the best of both worlds. Snow and beach...no fair! Those are some really cute and fun pictures though!

Allison said...

That looks like so much fun! Caleb would have been in Heaven!

Nate and Jenae said...

Love the pics! It looks so fun and cold! The only snow we've gotten to see this year was yesterday when Nate went on a snow outing with the YM and brought back an ice chest of snow. So in our front yard, in Chandler, AZ, 70 degrees outside, our kids had a snowball fight. That may satisfy them for a while, so I'm not sure if I will let them see the pics of there cousins.

Melissa said...

This makes me laugh. It looks like it is such a warm day. You are not even wearing a jacket. This is my kind of snow day.