Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lights

So this is what happens when you let your aunt go with you to see the lights and trains of Christmas Card Lane....

She makes you take pictures highlighting the pointy elf hat. You cooperate only because you are too distracted by the train.

And this is how you let her know you've had enough goofy pictures with the elf hat (but yes you WILL put it on again next year).



Kedrick and Brock sat and watched the model train display FOREVER and could have stayed as long as we would have let them. They never tried to touch it, they just sat in awe and respect. For the first time I thought maybe, just maybe, there is hope I can teach them the concept of reverence. I will describe it as the feeling they get inside when they see a really amazing model railroad.

4 comments:

Torey said...

I love your newfound definition of reverence. I can only imagine what definitions I will have to come up for my little one. I may need to solicit your creativity on this one.

Marie' said...

If only those church talks were as entertaining as the trains. There is no hope for that with my talk I am about to give on Sunday. I am talking about repentance...
LOVE the pointy hat.

Melissa said...

That is funny. I love the pointy hat. When you teach your kids how to be reverent, come over and help me out. I haven't a clue how to keep them still in Sacrament meeting.

apple slice said...

Too much. Was this Dollie?